There are no upcoming events at this time
We are seeking nominations for committee members for the 2023-2024 financial year.
Nominations close at 6pm on Wednesday 15 March 2023 (two weeks prior to the AGM). Nominee details (including resumé) will be sent to club members shortly after this, to allow members time to review before deciding on their votes for the AGM election.
Being a member of the committee lets you provide input into the direction of the club and its activities, and it gives you an opportunity to help out with the tasks that will make the club thrive – funding applications, event organisation, administration, publicity, etc. etc.. We strongly recommend that club members consider nominating themselves (or other members) to be part of the committee for the coming year – a diverse range of experience, skills and background will be invaluable in building a strong, successful club.
All positions in the club are subject to re-election each year. The positions for which we are seeking nominations are:
- Vice President
- Management Committee Member (up to 2 further positions)
- Committee Member (up to 8 positions)
Some important points to note regarding nominations, from our current constitution:
- Nominees must be club members
- Nominees must be over 16 years of age
- Club members may nominate themselves
- Club members are required to attend approximately 11 club meetings (held monthly at a time agreed by committee consensus) in order to remain on the committee
- Nominees for the Management Committee positions (including President, Secretary and Treasurer) are subject to additional requirements to avoid conflicts of interest. Specifically, they (and their families) cannot be potential beneficiaries of financial decisions made by the club.
- Nominees must not be disqualified by the rules in the WFSC Constitution or the Incorporated Societies Act 2022. Full details on the requirements for Committee members can be found in section 12.0 of the WFSC Constitution
- Successful nominees will be subject to a police check upon election. If the results of the police check do not meet the specified requirements, the election of the member will be deemed void and the nominee with the next-highest number of votes will be deemed the successful nominee.
To nominate yourself, or a fellow club member, please complete the Committee Application form.