Members, students, parents/guardians and any other associated persons are expected to abide by the WFSC Code of Conduct.
Cancellations and Refunds
- If you cancel a lesson more than 48 hours in advance, we will refund the cost of your lesson minus a 10% processing fee.
- If you cancel a lesson within 48 hours of the scheduled start time, or miss the lesson without notifying us, you will not be eligible for a refund or rescheduling.
- We expect course participants will make a reasonable attempt to notify us in advance of their intention to withdraw.
- If you are unable to attend any portion of a lesson block, refunds will not be given for individual lessons that are missed.
- In the event of a medical emergency or other extenuating circumstances, we will review requests for a refund on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that these policies are in place to ensure that our coaches are fairly compensated for their time and expertise. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
For Figure Skating Sessions
- If you cancel a figure skating session that you are booked into more than 24 hours in advance you may contact us to reschedule to another session.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled start time, or miss the session without notifying us, you will not be eligible for a refund or rescheduling.
- In the event of cancellation of the session by WFSC or Daytona, your ticket can be rebooked for a later date.
- Tickets must be redeemed during scheduled figure skating sessions. The ticket is valid for one time entry for the duration of the visit.
Terms & Conditions
Entry is conditional on reading and following these rules and those set out in the WFSC Code of Conduct . By booking lessons or figure skating sessions and entering the venue you agree to these terms of service.
- No food or drink to be taken on the rink.
- No photos or recordings of any kind are to be made of other skaters without their permission.
- Long hair needs to be secured away from eyes.
- Skating with headphones on during open club sessions is not permitted.
- Wear appropriate clothing and gloves. Jeans, flared/wide legged pants, extra long pants, or pants with ties/drawstrings at base of leg are not to be worn on the ice.
- Any clothing items that affect vision and/or hearing are not permitted.
- Adornments/embellishments must be securely attached to your clothing and any items that fall onto the ice must be picked up immediately.
- You are responsible for the maintenance of your own skates and equipment. WFSC reserves the right to refuse to allow persons to use skates or equipment that they deem unfit for use.
- The use of protective gear such as knee pads, elbow pads, crash pants, helmet etc as appropriate to your level of skating is recommended. Note that helmets are required for all beginner skaters.
- You must adhere to the Right of Way rules and Figure Skating Session rules contained in the Code of Conduct.
- Please skate in an anti-clockwise direction when warming up or skating laps.
- Any persons deemed to be intoxicated by alcohol and/or drugs will not be allowed to skate, removed from the venue and future entry may be refused.
- No skating whilst the Zamboni is in use. Skaters may not enter the ice surface until the Zamboni is completely off the ice and the rink-side doors to where the Zamboni parks are shut.
- We highly recommend that you seek medical advice before taking up skating if you suffer from high blood pressure, heart conditions, back or neck problems, brittle bones, joint injuries, pregnancy, epilepsy or any other condition that could be aggravated by this activity.
- There may be flashing and strobe lighting on at the rink.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian at all times. Any child we believe to be unaccompanied will be asked to leave the rink and monitored safely at the venue until a responsible adult or guardian is on site or further action could be taken at the discretion of WFSC or Daytona staff.
- Parents/Caregivers, family members, partners and friends should congregate in the viewing area by the tables during lessons so that skaters are not distracted.
- Please listen to the direction of Daytona staff, Coaches and representatives of Wellington Figure Skating Club; they are there for your safety and the safety of others.
- You must report any injuries to WFSC representatives, Coaches or rink staff at the time of the event. Ice packs and first aid supplies will be available.
- No carrying of children or any other persons on the rink at any time.
- No pushing or disruptive behaviour that could jeopardise the safety of other skaters.
- Skate within your own ability and be aware of other skaters.
- Most skate sessions will cater to particular levels. Please ensure you are booked into the correct session for your level.
- If a skate session is catering to beginners and up, senior and established skaters understand that the session favours the beginners. Senior skaters need to be aware that performing jumps, spins and fast manoeuvres may be frightening and dangerous to beginner and younger skaters, and should only be performed if it is safe to do so. You may be asked to stop doing them in the session by representatives of WFSC, coaches or rink staff.
- Senior skaters are expected to be encouraging and understanding of newer and younger skaters and to assist them in understanding the right of way rules.
- WFSC will not accept any abusive or threatening behaviour under any circumstances. Any persons deemed to be doing so will be removed from the venue.
- Skating is a risky sport and you skate at your own risk.
- WFSC are not responsible for any loss, injury or damage, however caused, to yourself or a 3rd party, your property, or clothing.
- WFSC cannot be held responsible for any accidents caused by in-house structures, hire skates, objects, or the actions of other skaters.
- WFSC reserves the right to remove persons immediately with no refund from the session for any reasons, including behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance, including drug and alcohol abuse, or for failure to comply with the reasonable requests of WFSC, coaches or Daytona staff.