This Policy was updated on 3 October 2022
- Wellington Figure Skating Club Inc, complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
- This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
- This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
What Information Do We Collect?
We gather various information about our current members and skate students and their parent/guardian if they are under 18 years of age. This information includes the following personal information:
- Your name
- Your email, residential or business addresses
- Your age
- Your telephone number
- Your gender
- Your ethnicity
- Relevant medical information for skate students
Where Do We Collect Your Personal Information From?
- By you to us for the purpose of enquiring about or receiving our products and services;
- By you to us through your correspondence and discussions with us; and
- Third parties where we reasonably believe you have authorised this, or where we reasonably believe the information is publicly available.
How Will We Use Your Personal Information?
- We will use your personal information:
- To verify your identity
- To provide services and products to you
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- To aggregate demographic information for the purposes of reporting and funding applications
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Email, Newsletters and Other Notices
We may send emails throughout the enquiry process or related to the products and services you receive from us as well as other newsletter emails you elect to receive. In addition, we may send out promotional material to you promoting products and services we think that may be relevant to you. It is our policy to immediately remove any person from any mailing list upon the person’s request.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
- You have the right to access your personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we may need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
- While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
- If you post your personal information on the website, Facebook page or Instagram page you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Updates to our Information Practices
We reserve the right to change this policy. By continuing to liaise and engage with us in respect of any products and services supplied or provided by us, you agree to be bound by the amended policy. You should check from time to time to see if the policy has changed.